We offer a variety of complimentary fitness and wellness classes daily to resort guests and Spa Ojai day guests. Presented by our highly qualified team of instructors, classes include fitness walks, yoga, meditation, spinning, TRX, and body conditioning. Current programming and schedules are available through our reservation department, Spa front desk or resort guest welcome information. Guests must be 16 years of age or older to participate.
Mind & Body
- Mindful Awareness Meditation: Learn mindfulness practice for being more present, calm, and focused at work and at sports. Taught by the author of ZEN GOLF: Mastering the Mental Game.
- Qi Gong: (Chi Kung): Learning to open the energetic pathways of the body with ease to follow movement.
- Yoga Flow: A gentle Vinyasa-style class that flows from one pose to the next; all levels welcome.
- Hatha Yoga: Concentrates on physical health and mental well-being. Hatha yoga uses bodily postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and meditation (dyana), with the goal of bringing about a sound, healthy body and a clear, peaceful mind Hatha yoga postures also stretch and align the body, promoting balance and flexibility.
Yoga & Spin Fusion: Get a full body workout with cardio and flexibility built in. Warm up with a 20-min spin on the bike. Then transition to the mat for an active yoga flow.
Yoga for Life: Yoga for all levels that stimulates breath, strength, balance and relaxation.
Yin Yoga: Nourish your body and mind by enjoying a blissful yoga experience. This class dissolves stress stored in the body’s tissues; you will utilize bolsters, blocks, straps, & blankets as a way to comfort & support the yoga postures.
- Fitness Walk: A brisk walk into downtown Ojai and back. Walking shoes required.
- Historical Walking Tour: The Ojai Valley Inn is apart of the Historic Hotels of America. Learn about the Inn's history during a leisurely walk around the property. Walking shoes required.
- Summer Herb Garden Walk: Take a leisurely walk to the property’s herb garden to enjoy the fresh spring time air. You will learn about the healing qualities of lavender & rosemary.
- Outdoor Steps: A quick routine to get your heart rate up. This class is a great way to start or end your workout. The class starts at the bottom of the Orchard Lawn and ends at the top of the pavilion. There are 100 steps & 3-5 cycles of push-ups. Meet at the Spa Courtyard.
- Spin & Stretch: Traditional spinning combined with stretching off the bike.
- 5k Ojai run: Let's go for a fun 5k run. Starting at Spa Ojai we will take a short run out onto the bike path. Depending on the class level we will run our Turkey Trot course on the bike path and back through property, or a circle loop incorporating the Valley View Preserve.
- Morning Stretch: Begin your day with gentle stretching and lengthening of all the major muscle groups.
- Self-Myofascial Release: Let go of tightness & tension while increasing mobility in the body with self-care massage tools designed by the innovative company RAD.
Relax & Stretch: In this class you are guided through a gentle stretch to ease the body into the rest of the evening. You will feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Core, Bosu & More Classes
- Hula Hoops: Playfully build mobility and core strength with hula hoops.
- Core & More: Performance focus on the muscles of your core – abdominals, lower back, hips and thighs- will help you stand taller and prevent the back pain from which most eventually suffer. The biggest benefits come from the inside, pillar strength, the basis of all movement. All levels.
- TRX Essentials: This total-body fitness program uses gravity against your own body weight to simultaneously develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability. The TRX® is attached to an anchor point, grab the handles or secure feet in the hand/foot cradles. Class size is limited and fitness shoes are recommended.
Arms & Abs: A dynamic & fun workout that focuses on the abdominals, triceps, biceps and forearms.
HIIT: This is a fast moving; high energy class rooted in the Tabata technique. Perform 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for a variety of exercises that will tone all major muscle groups.
- Water Aerobics: Come and enjoy an aerobics class utilizing different tools while in the water making for a fun outdoor workout session. All levels.
Nutritional Wellness Talk: Enjoy an insightful dialog in a relaxing environment with Ojai's Holistic Nutrition expert, Carolyn Maul. There will be an interactive Q&A session so please bring your questions!
- Tuesday's Topic:
- Join Carolyn Maul as she reveals the Top 10 Spring Superfoods. Take home two delicious recipes to cook with these vitamin and mineral rich foods. There will be time for questions to broaden the topic of discussion!
- Thursday's Topic:
- Join Carolyn Maul as she reveals the Top 5 Inflammatory Foods. Carolyn will explain where these foods are hiding in your daily diet and healthy alternatives to gluten, soy, and dairy products. Carolyn will also be offering easy, healthy recipes that correspond to the foods you will be discussing.
- Saturday's Topic:
- Join Carolyn Maul as she discusses the importance of including probiotics in your diet. We will discuss the pros and cons of taking a supplement or incorporating foods like kim-chi, miso, kombucha, sauerkraut, or kefir. Carolyn will also be offering easy, healthy recipes that correspond to the foods you will be discussing.
PRIVATE MIND & BODY CLASSES, PRIVATE HIKES/TRAIL RUNS & GEOCACHING ADVENTURES & PERSONAL TRAINING are available with advance notice. Please inquire at the Spa Front Desk, Discover Ojai Experience Planning Center or Mind & Body Fitness Supervisor, Carolyn Maul at 805.640.2014.