We offer a variety of complimentary fitness and wellness classes daily to resort guests and Spa Ojai day guests. Presented by our highly qualified team of instructors, classes include fitness walks, yoga, meditation, spinning, TRX, and body conditioning. Current programming and schedules are available through our reservation department, Spa front desk or resort guest welcome information. Guests must be 16 years of age or older to participate.
Mind & Body
- Mindful Meditation: Learn mindfulness practice for being more present, calm, and focused at work and at sports. Taught by the author of ZEN GOLF: Mastering the Mental Game.
- Qi Gong: (Chi Kung): Learning to open the energetic pathways of the body with ease to follow movement.
- Chakra Meditation: Guided meditation to assist in understanding, strengthening and re-balancing the energy centers in your subtle body.
- Yoga Flow: A gentle Vinyasa-style class that flows from one pose to the next; all levels welcome.
- Hatha Yoga: Concentrates on physical health and mental well-being. Hatha yoga uses bodily postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and meditation (dyana), with the goal of bringing about a sound, healthy body and a clear, peaceful mind Hatha yoga postures also stretch and align the body, promoting balance and flexibility.
Chakra Yoga Flow: Find peace as we flow gently through this all levels yoga flow designed to balance all of your seven energy centers.
Yoga for Life: Yoga for all levels that stimulates breath, strength, balance and relaxation.
Yin Yoga: Nourish your body and mind by enjoying a blissful yoga experience. This class dissolves stress stored in the body’s tissues; you will utilize bolsters, blocks, straps, & blankets as a way to comfort & support the yoga postures.
- Yoga Nidra: Rejuvenate your mind, body and soul during this powerful guided yogic sleep practice.
- Yogic Waves: A unique style of practice with an emphasis on wavelike spinal movements, economy of motion and harmony of body, breath, and mind.
- Yin/Yang Yoga: You will be guided through a strong yoga flow, and finish your practiced with replenishing restorative postures. This class is perfect for finding your balance and joy.
- Fitness Walk: A brisk walk into downtown Ojai and back. Walking shoes required.
- Historical Walking Tour: The Ojai Valley Inn is a part of the Historic Hotels of America. Learn about the Inn's history during a leisurely walk around the property. Walking shoes required.
- History & Botany Walking Tour: Did you know that the Ojai Valley Inn is a member of the Historic Hotels of America? Join us for this leisurely walk around property to learn about the Inn's interesting history and dozens of trees and plants that are among the 10,000 species of plants present on the grounds. Walking shows required.
- Nutritional Wellness Talk: Enjoy an insightful dialog in a relaxing environment with Ojai's Holistic Nutrition expert, Carolyn Maul. Weekly topics range from Anti-Inflammatory Foods. Probiotic Rich Foods, "Inflammaging," and Seasonal Power Foods. There will be an interactive Q&A session so please bring your questions!
- Step It Up: This is not your usual outdoor steps class. Have fun during this calorie blasting unique workout which will include squat jumps, side steps, push-ups and more.
- Spin & Yoga Fusion: Get a full body workout with cardio and flexibility built in. Warm up with a 20-minute spin on the bike. Then transition to the mat for an active yoga flow. Beginners welcome.
- Spinning: A high intensity 45-minute Spin class. All levels welcome.
- Spin & Stretch: Traditional spinning combined with stretching off the bike.
- RunINN: Motivate your senses and release tension with the 25-minute run across the property with light stretches before and after the run. Meet in the Spa Village Courtyard.
- Morning Stretch: Begin your day with gentle stretching and lengthening of all the major muscle groups.
- Self-Myofascial Release: Let go of tightness & tension while increasing mobility in the body with self-care massage tools designed by the innovative company RAD.
Relax & Stretch: In this class you are guided through a gentle stretch to ease the body into the rest of the evening. You will feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Core, Bosu & More
- Hula Hoops: Playfully build mobility and core strength with hula hoops.
- Core & More: Performance focus on the muscles of your core – abdominals, lower back, hips and thighs- will help you stand taller and prevent the back pain from which most eventually suffer. The biggest benefits come from the inside, pillar strength, the basis of all movement. All levels.
- TRX Essentials: This total-body fitness program uses gravity against your own body weight to simultaneously develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability. The TRX® is attached to an anchor point, grab the handles or secure feet in the hand/foot cradles. Class size is limited and fitness shoes are recommended.
Arms & Abs: A dynamic & fun workout that focuses on the abdominals, triceps, biceps and forearms.
HIIT: This is a fast moving; high energy class rooted in the Tabata technique. Perform 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for a variety of exercises that will tone all major muscle groups.
- Toning on the Ball: Strengthen major muscle groups adapting familiar moves on the stability ball.
- Intermediate Pilates Inspired Mat: Integrate muscular lengthening and strengthening with flowing moves.
- Basic Ballet Barre, Free Weights, & Mat Work: This soft intermediate class integrates 3 fun full body toning methods.
PRIVATE MIND & BODY CLASSES, PRIVATE HIKES/TRAIL RUNS & GEOCACHING ADVENTURES & PERSONAL TRAINING are available with advance notice. Please inquire at the Spa Front Desk, Discover Ojai Experience Planning Center or Mind & Body Fitness Supervisor, Carolyn Maul at 805.640.2014.