We offer a variety of complimentary fitness and wellness classes daily to resort guests and Spa Ojai day guests. Presented by our highly qualified team of instructors, classes include fitness walks, yoga, meditation, spinning, TRX, and body conditioning. Current programming and schedules are available through our reservation department, Spa front desk or resort guest welcome information. Guests must be 16 years of age or older to participate.
Mind & Body
- Mindful Meditation: Learn mindfulness practice for being more present, calm, and focused at work and at sports. Taught by the author of ZEN GOLF: Mastering the Mental Game.
- Ojai Earth Meditaion: Deep focus on the Muladhara (Root) Chakra to assit in grounding your Self. We will tap into the healing energy of Ojai to guide, strengthen and rejuvenate your entire being.
- Yoga Flow: A gentle Vinyasa-style class that flows from one pose to the next; all levels welcome.
- Prana Yoga Flow: Connect to the deep rhythm of your breath as we move through powerful yoga poses all guided by the beat of your heart.
- Hatha Yoga: Concentrates on physical health and mental well-being. Hatha yoga uses bodily postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and meditation (dyana), with the goal of bringing about a sound, healthy body and a clear, peaceful mind Hatha yoga postures also stretch and align the body, promoting balance and flexibility.
- Relaxing Yoga: Gentle, quiet, slow moving poses and breath work to settle the mind and stretch the body.
- Restful Savasana: Sensory stimulation and external distractions are ultimately minimized to help your body completely relax. The meditative state of yoga in Savasana has been shown to help slow the active beta brainwaves in favor of the slower states of alpha and theta brainwaves.
- Power Vinyasa: Sync your movement with your breath in this invigorating power yoga flow class.
- Yoga for Life: Yoga for all levels that stimulates breath, strength, balance and relaxation.
Yin Yoga: Nourish your body and mind by enjoying a blissful yoga experience. This class dissolves stress stored in the body’s tissues; you will utilize bolsters, blocks, straps, & blankets as a way to comfort & support the yoga postures.
- Yogic Waves: A unique style of practice with an emphasis on wavelike spinal movements, economy of motion and harmony of body, breath, and mind.
- Yin/Yang Yoga: You will be guided through a strong yoga flow, and finish your practiced with replenishing restorative postures. This class is perfect for finding your balance and joy.
- Fitness Walk: A brisk walk into downtown Ojai and back. Walking shoes required.
- History & Botany Walking Tour: Did you know that the Ojai Valley Inn is a member of the Historic Hotels of America? Join us for this leisurely walk around property to learn about the Inn's interesting history and dozens of trees and plants that are among the 10,000 species of plants present on the grounds. Walking shoes required.
- Nutritional Wellness Talk: Enjoy an insightful dialog in a relaxing environment with Ojai's Holistic Nutrition expert, Carolyn Maul. Weekly topics range from Anti-Inflammatory Foods. Probiotic Rich Foods, "Inflammaging," and Seasonal Power Foods. There will be an interactive Q&A session so please bring your questions!
- Spin & Yoga Fusion: Get a full body workout with cardio and flexibility built in. Warm up with a 20-minute spin on the bike. Then transition to the mat for an active yoga flow. Beginners welcome.
- Spinning: A high intensity 45-minute Spin class. All levels welcome.
- Step It Up: This is not your usual outdoor steps class. Have fun during this calorie blasting unique workout which will include squat jumps, side steps, push-ups and more.
- Morning Stretch: Begin your day with gentle stretching and lengthening of all the major muscle groups.
- Self-Myofascial Release: Let go of tightness & tension while increasing mobility in the body with self-care massage tools designed by the innovative company RAD.
Core, Bosu & More
- Basic Barre & Weights: This soft intermediate class integrates 3 fun full body toning methods.
- Balanced Body: Improve your balance and coordination by combining the mind-body practices of yoga, tai chi and Pilates to lengthen and strengthen the muscles and focus the mind.
- Core & More: Performance focus on the muscles of your core – abdominals, lower back, hips and thighs- will help you stand taller and prevent back pain. The biggest benefits come from the inside, pillar strength, the basis of all movement. All levels welcome.
- HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training. This is a fast moving; high energy class using a variety of exercises that will tone all major muscle groups.
- Hula Hoops: Playfully build mobility and core strength with hula hoops.
- Toning on the Ball: Strengthen major muscle groups adapting familiar moves on the stability ball.
- Intermediate Pilates Inspired Mat: Integrate muscular lengthening and strengthening with flowing moves.
- TRX: This total-body fitness program uses gravity against your own body weight to simultaneously develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability. The TRX® is attached to an anchor point, grab the handles or secure feet in the hand/foot cradles. Class size is limited and fitness shoes are recommended.
- Warrior Legs: Create strength, stability, balance, and power in your lower body. Be prepared to work your core, glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
- Water Works: Join us at the Energy Pool for this spirited cardio and toning workout.
PRIVATE MIND & BODY CLASSES, PRIVATE HIKES/TRAIL RUNS & GEOCACHING ADVENTURES & PERSONAL TRAINING are available with advance notice. Please inquire at the Spa Front Desk, Discover Ojai Experience Planning Center or Mind & Body Fitness Supervisor, Carolyn Maul at 805.640.2014.