Ojai Valley Inn Announces the Continuation of Nancy Silverton as Culinary Ambassador, Unveils 2020 Lineup of Epicurean Events with Culinary Star Power
January 7th, 2020
2020 Events Curated by Celebrated Chef and Restaurateur Nancy Silverton Spark Culinary Magic at The Farmhouse Epicurean and Event Center
Ojai, Calif. (January 7, 2020) – Iconic Southern California luxury resort Ojai Valley Inn today announces the continuation of its culinary ambassadorship in 2020 with visionary chef, author and James Beard Award winner Nancy Silverton for The Farmhouse epicurean and event center, while also unveiling a lineup of 2020 epicurean events packed with culinary luminaries.
“After an incredible first year with Nancy Silverton as our culinary ambassador, we are thrilled she will continue dreaming up inspiring new ways for people to come together over food at The Farmhouse,” said Chris Kandziora, General Manager of Ojai Valley Inn. “From a dinner celebrating powerhouse female chefs to a thought-provoking conversation on food sustainability with three prominent epicurean writers, we are honored to bring this caliber of special culinary experiences to Ojai.”
An acclaimed Los Angeles-based chef, author and restaurateur, Silverton will build upon the buzz of her inaugural 2019 lineup as she continues her role as Culinary Ambassador of The Farmhouse at Ojai Valley Inn through 2020. In this role, she will continue to curate exceptional epicurean events that encompass master cooking classes in our Southern California Farmhouse, intimate dinners, talks and book signings – each one featuring her acclaimed chef and culinary personality friends.
“Collaborating with Ojai Valley Inn has been a dream,” said Chef Nancy Silverton. “In continuing on as the culinary ambassador of The Farmhouse, I look forward to exploring all kinds of wonderful cuisines and hosting some unforgettable Ojai cooking classes and dinner parties in one of my all-time favorite settings.”
Tickets for all 2020 events at The Farmhouse at Ojai Valley Inn, which opened in 2019 as Southern California’s show-stopping culinary and event center, will go on sale at 10:00 am PST on January 10 and can be purchased by visiting thefarmhouseojai.com.
Events curated by and featuring Nancy Silverton in 2020 include:
- Nancy Silverton & Friends Dinner (February 8, 2020)
- A multi-course dining experience with sommelier-curated wine pairings will feature Nancy Silverton and fellow powerhouse female chefs & restauranteurs April Bloomfield (The Breslin), Claudia Fleming (North Fork Table & Inn), Nancy Oakes (Boulevard), and Naomi Pomeroy (BEAST).
- Taste of Baja Dinner with Nancy Silverton (February 22, 2020)
- A dinner with regional wine pairings celebrates the vibrant cuisines of the Baja Peninsula with flavors ranging from Tijuana to Valle de Guadalupe. Guest chefs include Javier Plascencia, Drew Deckman, Sheyla Alvarado, David Castro Hussong and Maribel Aldaco Silva.
- chi SPACCA Cookbook Dinner (May 29, 2020)
- Named a best new restaurant by Bon Appetit, Angeleno and LA Weekly, chi SPACCA is heralded as Nancy Silverton’s “Meat Speakeasy” by Food & Wine. Silverton and Chef Ryan DeNicola host a family-style dinner with wine pairings and a signed copy of their new cookbook, “chi SPACCA: A New Approach to American Cooking.”
- Pizza Event with Nancy Silverton (August 23, 2020)
- The culinary masterminds behind Bettina, Pizzana, Triple Beam Pizza and Apollonia’s join Nancy Silverton and Pizzeria Mozza for a festival-style celebration of all things pizza. Wine will be free-flowing as guests mingle with celebrity pizzaiolos and taste many styles of our favorite comfort food.
- Food Sustainability: A Conversation & Lunch (December 5, 2020)
- A thought-provoking conversation about food sustainability is moderated by Laurie Ochoa (Entertainment & Arts Editor at Los Angeles Times) with panelists Ruth Reichl (James Beard Award-winning author and former restaurant critic for The New York Times) and Jeff Gordinier (Food & Drink Editor at Esquire). A wine-paired lunch hosted by Nancy Silverton will follow.
- Dario Cecchini Beef Butchery Demonstration & Dinner (December 12, 2020)
- Internationally renowned Tuscan butcher Dario Cecchini shares his craft with a beef butchery demonstration and a meat-centric dinner with wines from famed Chianti producer, Fontodi.
In addition to Silverton-authored signature events, The Farmhouse at Ojai Valley Inn will offer a robust calendar of exceptional culinary programs and events including:
- Valrohna Chocolate Class with Adam Thomas & Executive Chef Truman Jones (July 17, 2020)
BOND Master Class & Library Dinner with Cowboy Star Steakhouse (August 7, 2020)
- An intimate Master Class tasting debuting the 2016 vintage of each BOND Grand Cru – Melbury, Quella, St. Eden, Vecina, and Pluribus – with BOND Director, Scott Gould, is followed by a five-course steakhouse-style dinner by San Diego-based Cowboy Star and Chef Victor Jimenez. Wine pairings featuring a library selection of BOND wines will offer an unforgettable experience for Cabernet enthusiasts.
Cooking Classes, Demonstrations and Pastry & Cake Decorating (Ongoing)
- With the talented in-house culinary team led by Executive Chef Truman Jones, Farmhouse Chef Jayson Holzworth, and Executive Pastry Chef Joel Gonzalez.
- The Ojai Vineyard Rosé Release Party (Date TBC)
- Celebrate our favorite pink wine along with snacks and live music in the serene al fresco setting of the lawn at The Farmhouse. Includes free-flowing rosé from The Ojai Vineyard and great pricing on bottles to take home.
- Guest Chef Dinners
- Gavin Kaysen (Date TBC)
- Christopher Kostow x SCRIBE Winery (Date TBC)
- Eric Ziebold x Carlton McCoy, MS (Date TBC)
About Ojai Valley Inn
Tucked within the Topa Topa Mountains in the mystical Ojai Valley, the iconic AAA Five-Diamond Ojai Valley Inn continues to redefine luxury, beckoning travelers since its opening in 1923 to the tranquil setting known as “Shangri La.” Located 90 minutes north of Los Angeles in the chic bohemian enclave of Ojai, the resort balances the relaxed glamour of Southern California with reverence for the unspoiled natural beauty of the region for an unrivaled experience that embodies the authentic spirit of Ojai. Sprawled across 220 lush, oak and olive tree-studded acres scented with wild sage and lavender, Ojai Valley Inn offers an abundance of freshly renewed settings, activities and amenities for inspired escapes including: the 31,000 square foot Spa Ojai and its surrounding Spa Village, The Artist Cottage, a working artist studio and apothecary for instruction in aromatherapy oil blending; a historic, George C. Thomas designed golf course; apiary and immersive beekeeping program; multiple pools and more than five dining concepts including signature restaurant Olivella, the sole restaurant between Los Angeles and Northern California to hold both the Forbes Four Star and AAA Four-Diamond designations. New for 2019, the resort introduced The Farmhouse at Ojai Valley Inn, a 50,000 square-foot epicurean event center, connecting world-class food culture, sublime indoor/outdoor settings and bucket list events. For additional information and guest bookings, please visit www.ojavalleyinn.com or call 1-800-422-6524.
About The Farmhouse at Ojai Valley Inn
Set on 220 verdant acres against the stunning backdrop of the Topa Topa Mountain Range, The Farmhouse at Ojai Valley Inn takes form as a series of natural indoor-outdoor spaces, each with a unique personality that flows seamlessly into the next. Nationally acclaimed architect Howard Backen with Backen Gillam Architects in Napa Valley drew inspiration from the magical setting of Ojai to incorporate a natural aesthetic for the expansive 30,000 square foot culinary and event center, designed to connect world-class food culture with indoor/outdoor events. The distinctive spaces that comprise The Farmhouse at Ojai Valley Inn include The Kitchen, The Library, The Lawn, and The Great Room, as well as a path of sun-splashed nooks dotted with ancient native olive trees, an organic chef’s garden cultivated by beloved local landscape designer Scott Daigre, a spectacular two-story alfresco fireplace and a 100-year-old Oak tree. For additional information, please visit thefarmhouseojai.com.
# # #